- Thursday, Oct. 13, 7:30 p.m. Worship Team Practice — Cancelled
- Saturday, Oct. 15, 8:30 a.m. Percussion Workshop. Breakfast provided! All are welcome to attend, no experience necessary! Worship Team will also be meeting for training.
- Sunday, Oct. 16, 10:30 a.m. Worship Service, “Entrusted”, 2 Timothy 2:14-26, Pastor J-M.
- Christmas Choir practice following the service
Jan Burgess’ mother, Laura Morris, passed away on Monday after a lengthy battle with lung cancer. Visitation is at M.A. Clark Funeral Home, 567 Upper Wellington St., Hamilton from 2-4 and 7-9 p.m. on Thursday. Funeral is at 10:30 a.m. on Friday with interment & reception following.
- Saturday, Oct. 22, 9:00 a.m. Fall Church Work Day. Light refreshments provided. Please sign up on Sunday!
- Sunday, Oct. 23, 10:30 a.m. Special Guest Speaker Paul Hillsden from the Evangelical Fellowship of Canada. “The Missional Mindset of Jesus” Jn 4.
Special Giving Updates:
This year’s anniversary offering will be used to cover the cost of roof repairs and meeting the building inspector’s requirements for #17. The total cost is approximately $25, 000. Please pray about what the Holy Spirit is inspiring you to give and be sure to mark the amount as “anniversary” on your envelope. We’ll accept anniversary gifts on any Sunday (up to Dec 31) as the work is beginning ASAP.
“Reports just arriving from Bishop Desvariste in Haiti indicate that in our southern Haitian Conference we have lost three church roofs and four school building roofs. We also have lost at least three smaller church buildings around St. Marc, and some houses destroyed at Gonaives. Folks who have lost housing are gathering in shelters and hoping the church will help.”
On Friday, FMC Canada authorized $5000 from our Bishop’s Relief Fund to be distributed in Haiti. We encourage you give generously to the relief effort in Haiti, and to pray for all those affected by this natural disaster.