- Tuesday, Nov. 15, 7:00 p.m. Ladies Bible Study
- Wednesday, Nov. 16, 9:30 a.m. Ladies Bible Study
- Thursday, Nov. 17
- 7:00 a.m. KCI Breakfast Program
- 7:00 p.m. Official Board Meeting
- Friday to Sunday, Nov. 18-20, FMC Youth Retreat, Ontario Camp of the Deaf, Guest Speaker: Pastor John-Mark
- 5:45 p.m. All registered youth should be dropped off at the church
- Sunday, Nov. 20, 10:30 a.m. Worship Celebration Service, “Without Excuse,” John 5:1-15, Mrs. Loreli Cockram
- Choir rehearsal & Christmas decorating following the morning service.
- Pizza will be provided, so please confirm attendance by contacting the church office if you plan to help decorate and have not yet confirmed.
- Tuesday, Nov. 22, DR Mission Team returns
- Friday, Nov. 25, 7:30 p.m. Youth carol sing and advent basement party set-up
- Saturday, Nov. 26, 6:30 p.m. Advent basement party! Snacks and drinks will be provided; please bring gift cards if you plan on participating in the Generous Giving Outreach this year.
Update on the Election of Our Next Bishop
Our church’s three delegates are about to participate in the election of the next Bishop of the FMCiC. The three options are 1/ to vote for the sole nominee Dr. Cliff Fletcher, 2/ to write in an alternate name, or 3/ to abstain. If you would like to make any input on these choices, please speak with our delegates, Sharon Howell, Tim Gonyou and Sabrina Hinds as soon as possible. Or contact our 1st Delegate, Sabrina, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-529-3926 by Sunday, November 20.
From Greg Ford, Chair – Board of Administration:
The Board of Administration has determined that the vote will be open at 9:00 AM, Wednesday November 16, 2016 and be open until midnight, Friday, December 2, 2016. In order to be elected, a candidate must receive 50% + 1 of the unspoiled ballots. The results of the election will be made known through an announcement on the Ministers’ and Delegates’ Listservs.
I invite all to be in prayer throughout this time, asking the Lord to provide us with wisdom and discernment that only He can provide.