By Lois Tomc
Jesus said in John 14:15, “If you love me, keep my commandments.”
Often I take where I live and the blessings in my life for granted. I have to keep reminding myself that I am His hands and feet in a broken and hurting world.
Luke 12:48 says, “To whom much is given, much will be required.” Practically then, these are some questions I should be asking myself…
- “Since I have a home, do I make people welcome there?
- Since I have clothes in my closet, do I help clothe others?
- Since I have food in my cupboard, do I share it with those in a difficult situation?
- Since I have an income, do I give Him my full tithe?
- Since I have a car, do I use it to drive others who don’t have transportation?
- Since I have friends, am I a good friend to others?
- Am I treating my neighbours as He would want me to treat them, as He commanded?”
The answer I want to give to each of these questions is “Yes”.
He has shown great love to me. Let me love others in return. Life here is short. Eternity lasts forever. Only what is done for Him is really important.