We’re calling the whole church to a special time of prayer & fasting over a 4 week period (Jan. 26 to Feb. 22).
Here are few suggestions on how you can pray:
- Repent of your sins and/or ask God to reveal areas in your life in which you need to repent of sin.
- Pray for wisdom, discernment and strength for all those in church leadership.
- Pray that God will bring and/or affirm the right 2 pastoral candidates to lead Kingsview forward into the future.
- Pray for those ministries with an exceptionally high workload during the transition/present time: Board, PLTF, Property Team and Studio 15.
- Ask the Lord to give the Board and Pastor Darrin insight into how to best deal with the Worship Leader responsibilities after Jenna’s departure in March.
- Ask God to reveal to you how you can serve Him at Kingsview.
- Thank the Lord that He is in control and we can trust Him for our future.
- Pray that God will be glorified when people see His transforming power at work in us individually, together as a church, and in the community.
Consider fasting at least two days per week, or up to six days as the Lord leads. Use the time that you would otherwise engage in eating or other activity to pray.
Fasting could include abstaining from:
- One meal per day (e.g. dinner), or all 3 meals per day
- One or more types of food (coffee, sweets, meat or bread/pasta/rice or all of the above sometimes called a “Daniel” fast)
- One or more significant daily activities such as watching TV, movies, surfing the internet, or shopping